When the weather is warm, Travis and I try to use our grill as much as possible. We don’t have air conditioning in our apartment, so if the temperature goes above 80 degrees, the thought of turning on the oven or stove sounds dreadful. (Although, admittedly we live by the ocean so it’s rare that it ever gets too hot around here).
If Travis is grilling outside, I typically make a quick side-dish indoors and I am always pleased if it requires less than 10 minutes of oven or stovetop time.
I’d put these Honey Mustard Green Beans with Pecans in the arena of perfect BBQ side-dishes: easy, healthy, and quick.
This recipe came out a desire to throw together something healthy using ingredients I already had on hand, and I’ll bet you have them in your pantry as well. These green beans are ultra-easy to make, even the most novice of cooks should be just fine (just don’t burn the pecans!)
Try these Honey-Mustard Green Beans alongside a burger, grilled chicken or fish – they really go with anything!
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¾ pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Be careful not to burn the pecans, check regularly. Let cool, then chop.
- Steam the green beans until tender, about 6 minutes; let cool. While beans are steaming, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and mustard and season with a pinch each salt and pepper. Toss the green beans with the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted pecans. You can either refrigerate for a few hours or serve immediately. Just before serving, toss with the red wine vinegar.