Today is Cinco de Mayo! So what better day than today to introduce you to my incredible Spicy Mango Salsa recipe!?
I don’t mean to brag, but this stuff is GOOD. Like really good.
I know, because the first time I made this salsa, Travis ate it all in one sitting. He inhaled it so fast that I’m pretty sure he forgot to breathe.
So yeah, it’s some good stuff.
This Mango Salsa is a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy. I can’t handle ultra-spicy food, so the heat level is perfect for my tastebuds — I’d say it’s about medium.
If you’re feeling more daring than me, feel free to increase the amount of jalapeno in the recipe.
I love this salsa with corn tortilla chips, but it’s also delicious with grilled white fish like mahi mahi or tilapia. It’s a summer meal I always look forward to — plus it’s super easy and healthy!
I know you’ll love this spicy mango salsa and it only takes 10 minutes to throw together! So run to the store, grab the ingredients, and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with me, why don’t ya?
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Chef’s Cut Real Jerky Giveaway! One winner will be selected tomorrow, so don’t miss out!
- 1 large mango, diced into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ⅛ cup red onion, minced
- ⅛ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the mango, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and 1 Tablespoon of lime juice. Stir in the salt and pepper. Taste, and add additional lime juice, salt or pepper as needed.
- Chill for 15 minutes to let the flavors come together before serving.