Hi food friends! So sorry for being MIA last week. There has been so much I want to talk about on the blog, but honestly just not enough hours in the day to sit down and write at the end of the day. I’m sure you’ve been there.
Things have been waaaaay busier than usual at my job and Travis and I have been working away trying to figure out where we want to get married — so many decisions! With all that’s going on, I’ve been neglecting this blog more than I would like. Thank you for understanding!
I am excited to pop in quickly today to share this Spiced Popcorn recipe that I threw together this weekend.
We love hosting friends at our apartment and when they come over, I always like to have a range of snacks out for them to munch on. I get this from my mom, who is a pro at putting out the best snack spreads. Your average chips and salsa can get boring, so I try to making something unique that’s also healthy and addictive.
I threw together this Spiced Popcorn with Pecans and Raisin mixture and I love the way it turned out! It’s sweet, spicy and salty all in one.
It’s so easy to make, all you really need is a stocked spice cabinet. Popcorn is a great healthy snack because it’s low in calories, but contains a good dose of fiber and whole grains.
I hope you like this one!
- 2.5 cups popped popcorn (about ⅛ cup popcorn kernels)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix the popcorn and the pecans in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the coconut oil over low heat. Add the spices (cinnamon through ginger). Stir constantly for 30 seconds and then remove from heat. Stir in the maple syrup.
- Pour the spice mixture over the popcorn and pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread the popcorn and pecans onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Remove from oven once the pecans are toasted.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and stir in the golden raisins.