I almost feel silly writing an entire blog post about this Avocado Toast recipe, but the combination is so darn good I just had to share.
I’m not sure why it took so long for Avocado Toast to become the hot new trend. Avocados taste amazing and they’re loaded with nutrients (hello healthy fats!).
I love eating avocado toast for breakfast with an egg on top for added protein. Avocados + eggs = a power couple.
This weekend, I had a carton of organic strawberries in the fridge that were going to go bad, so I decided to experiment and add them to my toast.
BAM! Avocados and strawberries, what a combination!
If you love sweet and salty things like peanut butter and jelly, chocolate covered pretzels, and salted chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you!
Large grain sea salt, sprinkled at the end, really helps to enhance the flavor of this toast, so don’t skimp on that part!
I didn’t have any on hand this time, but I think burrata cheese would taste incredible on this avocado toast. If any of you guys try that, please report back!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 medium hass avocado
- 6-8 strawberries, stems removed and sliced thin
- buratta (optional)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Toast the bread. Immediately remove from toaster and spread each slice with ¼ of the avocado. Lightly mash the avocado with the back of a fork.
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the avocado and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste.