Try this Avocado Toast with Strawberries for a light breakfast or quick snack! Feel free to substitute gluten-free bread if needed.
I’m not sure why it took so long for Avocado Toast to become the hot new trend. Avocados taste amazing and they’re loaded with nutrients (hello healthy fats!).
I love eating avocado toast for breakfast with an egg on top for added protein. Avocados + eggs = a power couple.
This weekend, I had a carton of organic strawberries in the fridge that were going to go bad, so I decided to experiment and add them to my toast.
Now, I know Avocado Toast with Strawberries sounds like a strange combination, but hear me out. If you love sweet and salty things like peanut butter and jelly and chocolate covered pretzels, then you should really try this!
Make sure to sprinkle the toast with coarse sea salt at the end. This step really helps to bring out all of the flavors in each bite, so don’t skip this.
I didn’t have any on hand this time, but I think burrata cheese would taste delicious on this avocado toast. If any of you guys try that, please report back!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 medium hass avocado
- 6-8 strawberries, stems removed and sliced thin
- Coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- Toast the bread. Immediately remove from toaster and spread each slice with ¼ of the avocado. Lightly mash the avocado with the back of a fork.
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the avocado and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste.