These smashed potatoes are so simple to make, and only require two ingredients. Once you try them, you won’t want to eat potatoes any other way!
You all know how much I love my Crispy Roasted Potatoes recipe, but I also love shortcuts (especially when I’m cooking a bunch of things at once). These smashed potatoes are so easy because you don’t even need a knife and cutting board.
To make these easy smashed potatoes, all you need to do is par-boil a half pound of peewee potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until they’re tender. Next, drain them and spread them onto a greased and lined baking sheet.
Then, use a fork to press down gently on each potato. The flatter you make the potato, the crispier it will be. Just be careful not to press too hard, or the potato will crumble.
Finally, brush each potato with a light coat of olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. After roasting in a very hot oven for 25 minutes, you’ll have delicious, crispy smashed potatoes that are reminiscent of potato chips!
I make these smashed potatoes at least once a week because they’re delicious with everything. It’s also fun to change things up by adding minced garlic, red pepper flakes, or other spices that pair with what you’re eating.
Give these a shot. You won’t be disappointed!
- ½ lb. peewee potatoes, cleaned
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Course sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil on the baking sheet and brush to coat all of the parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and fill the pot with water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and spread on the lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press down gently on each potato. The flatter you make the potato, the crispier it will be. Press down carefully because the potatoes will be very delicate and break easily.
- Brush the tops of each smashed potato with a small amount of olive oil. Then sprinkle each with course sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are crispy.