These Glazed Carrots with Honey and Thyme are the perfect side dish to poultry or fish. They’re gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free optional.
We all need a quick go-to side dish that we can whip up in no time. For me, it’s these Glazed Carrots with Honey and Thyme. My favorite part about this recipe is that you can get it on the table in under 15 minutes, but it still tastes impressive.
All you need to do is simmer sliced carrots in chicken or vegetable broth with a squeeze of honey and pinch of salt. Then stir in some lemon juice and fresh thyme and you have yourself a delicious and healthy side dish in no time!
Sounds easy, right? Now go ahead and try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. carrots peeled and sliced ¼ in thick on the bias
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth works fine too, if you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a 12 in. skillet bring the carrots, chicken broth, salt, and 1T of honey to a boil. Cover, and reduce to a simmer until the carrots are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Uncover and bring to a boil again until the sauce has reduced to about 2 Tablespoons (about 2 minutes).
- Add the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and stir until all ingredients are well dispersed.
- Off the heat, add the lemon juice and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.