Hello friends! I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. This week is flyyyyyying by for me. I was in Boston visiting my family this past weekend and I flew back to LA bright and early on Tuesday morning.
I am finally getting the chance to catch up and say hi to you guys.
I am reallllllly excited to share this Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing recipe with you today! Tahini, a ground sesame seed paste, is an essential ingredient in hummus. But in reality, it can be used for so much more: cookies (think of it like peanut butter), dressings, sauces, etc.
In this recipe, I paired the tahini dressing with a light kale salad made with cucumbers, shredded carrots, celery, and raisins. It would also be delicious with a Greek salad with feta and tomatoes.
The recipe makes about one cup of dressing, so you’ll have leftovers. It should keep in the fridge for up to one week, but if you know you won’t use it in time, feel free to cut the recipe in half.
Enjoy! I know you’re going to love this one!
- 4-6 handfuls shredded kale
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ raisins
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch sea salt
- Place all kale ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid (or use a bowl and whisk). Shake the jar until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Toss the salad with a couple Tablespoons of the tahini dressing to taste.