Travis and I have a trip planned to Hawaii in about a month, so I have everything tropical on my mind. Mangoes were on sale at Whole Foods this weekend for 4/$5, so I immediately grabbed a few because usually they are at least $2.50 a pop.
This Mango Coconut Smoothie is a variation of my Basic Protein Shake recipe. It was incredibly refreshing after my very sweaty workout this weekend. If you’re able to plan ahead, frozen mango gives this smoothie the best texture, but otherwise fresh mango will still be delicious.
Now if only I was lounging on a beach chair and someone magically transformed this drink into a Mango Sunrise….now that would be perfect!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh mango
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder*
- ½ Tablespoon shredded coconut (or more to taste)
- 3 large ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional for a serious coconut taste)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve with additional shredded coconut.