As promised, I am sharing a DELICIOUS snack recipe with you guys today. Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bites!
I whipped up these Bites last week and devoured them all within just a few days. Whoops!
They are super easy to make and I bet you have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. Even if you don’t, no worries! This recipe is extremely customizable. Feel free to substitute dried cranberries for raisins, change up the variety of nuts, sub semi-sweet chocolate for dark, make it your own! This recipe is gluten-free and if you want to make it vegan, just use maple syrup instead of honey.
Make sure you follow the ratios in the recipe, though, or else your bites won’t hold together. You need the correct amounts of wet and dry ingredients or else you’ll end up with Peanut Butter Trail Mix mush, and nobody wants that!
Hope you love these trail mix bites as much as I do! Peanut Butter lovers, this one has your name ALLLLLL over it!
- ⅓ cups unsalted almonds*
- ⅓ cup unsalted cashews*
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- ⅛ cups raisins
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup peanut butter*, melted
- salt, to taste
- In a food processor grind the almonds, cashews, and flax seeds for about 15 seconds or until there are still some chunks of nuts. DO NOT grind to sand-like texture. Remove the nuts from the food processor and place in a large bowl with the oats, dates, raisins, dark chocolate, and stevia. Stir well.
- In a small bowl combine the honey (start with 2T and adjust to desired sweetness), vanilla, and peanut butter. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the nut and oat mixture and stir well. Taste mixture and add a pinch of salt if desired. Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into 14-16 balls, slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball. Make sure to pack the mixture tightly. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least one hour to harden, then enjoy.
- Trail Mix Bites should last in the fridge for 10 days.