For as long as I can remember I’ve loved crispy foods. I think I get this from my mom. I love the edges around a brownie pan, pizza crust, extra crispy french fries, and any type of crunchy topping. So it’s no surprise that when I roast vegetables, I like getting them nice and charred, also.
If you’re like me, keep reading because I’m going to teach you my tips for perfectly Crispy Roasted Vegetables!
How to make perfectly crispy roasted vegetables:
- Turn the oven temperature up to 450F.
- Preheat a large baking sheet in the oven. This way when the vegetables touch the baking sheet they will immediately start cooking.
- Cut your vegetables based on known cooking times. Vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes will take longer to cook than bell peppers and onion pieces, so cut sweet potatoes smaller than bell peppers. That way everything will roast in the same amount of time.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer on the sheet. If they sit on top of each other then they will steam and become soggy, not crispy.
- Only flip the vegetables once during the cooking time.
When your veggies are done roasting they’ll look like this. Yes, the baking sheet itself won’t look very pretty, but it’s all for a good cause. 😉
Crispy Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish to meal prep for the week. I make a large batch (two baking sheets worth) to last a couple of days. You can eat them with any protein for a quick, healthy meal.
Learn how to make perfectly Crispy Roasted Vegetables, perfect for meal prep! Pair these veggies with your favorite protein for a nutritious meal.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper (I like to use coarse Kosher salt)
Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and onion. Toss with the olive oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the vegetables into an even layer on a baking sheet, ensuring that the pieces are not resting on top of each other.
Roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven when vegetables are browned and crispy at the edges. Either serve immediately or allow to cool and store in tupperware.
You May Also Like…