Oh boy, do I have a recipe for you!
Ever since I had colorful carrots at a restaurant a little over a year ago, I just can’t go back to regular orange carrots.
There is something about all of these colors that makes me smile. They add so much vibrancy to my dinner plate.
And when I buy carrots with the tops on, I feel like they were pulled right from the earth and delivered straight to my kitchen. Other times I just feel like a rabbit.
This dish is restaurant quality, but it comes together very easily. Make it for guests and you’re sure to impress.
I highly recommend making the yogurt alongside the roasted carrots. It provides a tart bite (and a good dose of protein!) that will make you go back for seconds.
Travis and I ate these carrots alongside pine nut-crusted chicken, but I think this dish would pair well with almost anything…especially a nice crisp white wine.
We both devoured these, so if you’re cooking for a crowd, I recommend doubling the recipe!
- ¾lb Carrots (I like the colored variety)
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¾ teaspoons Ground Cumin (Divided)
- ½ teaspoon Coriander (Divided)
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- ½ tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove stems from carrots to ½ inch. Wash and peel carrots. Toss in the olive oil. In a small bowl combine the sugar, paprika, ½ teaspoon of the cumin, ¼ teaspoon coriander, salt and ground black pepper. Lay the carrots on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Make sure the carrots are thoroughly coated.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway through the baking time. Five minutes before the carrots are done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Return the baking sheet to the oven for the last 5 minutes. Once done allow the carrots to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the carrots are roasting in the oven, heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add ¼ teaspoon cumin and ¼ teaspoon coriander to the skillet. Stir constantly until fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Combine the spices with the greek yogurt and lime juice. Mix well and chill until the carrots are done roasting. Serve with the carrots.