You are going to LOVE these delicious Slow Cooker Short Ribs! They melt in your mouth and are so tender after simmering in the slow cooker. Serve them with a green vegetable and roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
The Whole Foods in Venice was having a fantastic sale on boneless short ribs, so Travis and I knew we couldn’t go home without them. I thought they would be perfect to throw into the slow cooker on Sunday morning and leave to cook all day long. Since summer is in the air, I wanted to give these a barbecue flair as opposed to your typical winter beef slow cooker recipes.
Aside from the short ribs, I had all the remaining ingredients in my fridge and pantry, so hopefully you do, too! After seven hours of cooking at a low temperature, these short ribs melt in your mouth and are packed with incredible barbecue flavor. I regretted not buying double the beef because I know we would have enjoyed eating these for lunch the next day.
I served these Slow Cooker Short Ribs with baked sweet potato fries. It was the perfect Sunday night dinner.
- 2lbs boneless beef short ribs, fat trimmed, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons avocado oil (can substitute canola oil)
- ⅓ cup ketchup (try to find one without corn syrup. I love Sir Kensington's Ketchup)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add one Tablespoon of the canola oil. When the oil is hot, add half of the short ribs to the pan. Brown on all sides (do not cook fully). Once browned, transfer to a plate. Add another Tablespoon of oil to the pan and repeat until all short ribs are browned.
- Transfer the short ribs to a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix all remaining ingredients (ketchup through mustard). Add the ketchup mixture to the slow cooker with the ribs, making sure to coat all the pieces. Set the slow cooker to low for 7 hours. After 7 hours the ribs will be incredibly tender. Serve with extra sauce from the slow cooker.