Grilling season is upon us! Light up your grill, crack open a beer, and start marinating these INCREDIBLE Spicy BBQ Chicken Thighs!
The brown sugar in the marinade creates a succulent glaze on the chicken that will make your taste buds go nuts. Feel free to adjust the sriracha to your desired level of heat. And if you don’t have any sriracha in your cupboard, you can substitute red pepper flakes.
One note for those of you thinking about it…I’ve tried this recipe with chicken breasts and I can strongly attest that is simply is not as good. Thighs are juicier and more flavorful – they are definitely the way to go for this recipe.
For me, the only thing that would make these Spicy BBQ Chicken Thighs better would be to grill them with my dad on our deck in Maine (Hi Dad!). That place is ultimate relaxation for me.
But for now, my teeny tiny porch in LA will have to do 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- Mix the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken thighs and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling to bring to room temperature.
- Grill over direct heat for 3-4 minutes on each side*, or until thighs are no longer pink in the middle. Allow to rest for 2 minutes and then serve.
You May Also Like…