This Avocado and Strawberry Salsa is delicious served with chips or on top of grilled chicken or fish. It’s healthy, vegan, and low in sugar. Make it in under 10 minutes.
In an effort to clean out my fridge this weekend, I created this delicious Avocado and Strawberry Salsa. Travis and I love making this Spicy Mango Salsa to serve on top of fish, but strawberries were the only fruit I had left in the fridge this time. In all honesty, the strawberries I had on hand were a little too ripe (borderline squishy), but I knew it wouldn’t matter for a salsa. Heck, you’re mashing up everything anyway, right!?
I tried to every summer ingredient I had left in my fridge, including cilantro, lime, and scallions. I took one bite of the final product and LOVED it. I served it to Travis (who was engrossed with Sunday afternoon football) with a big bowl of multi-grain tortilla chips, and by the time I came back at least half of the salsa was gone! So yeah…it’s that good. He told me it was almost a waste to eat it with chips because it tastes so “fancy,” so next time I am going to make it with grilled chicken for the perfect weeknight dinner.
I hope you love this Avocado and Strawberry Salsa as much as we do!
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (I chopped each strawberry into about 6-8 pieces)
- ½ medium avocado, diced into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced, green parts only
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno, seeds removed (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1.5 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all ingredients besides the salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chips or with grilled chicken.
You May Also Like…