This Tuscan White Bean Soup with Chicken is perfect on a chilly, winter evening. It’s a healthy, one-pot meal, which means minimal clean up and more time to do what you love. 😉
This Tuscan White Bean Soup screams cozy, winter night at home. It’s hearty and filling enough to be a main meal thanks to plenty of beans, veggies, and shredded chicken. I like to make a large batch of this bean soup and bring it for lunches during the week.
The base of this White Bean Soup is delicious, and you can easily adapt the recipe for your dietary needs. To make this recipe vegan, you can simply leave out the shredded chicken and substitute vegetable broth in place of chicken broth. I think the soup is delicious with a bit of shredded parmesan on top, but if you follow a dairy-free diet, it will still be delicious without the cheese.
This recipe can easily be doubled for a large group, and the best part is that everything cooks in one pot, making dinner clean up a breeze!
This Tuscan White Bean Soup with Chicken is the perfect one-pot meal to warm you up on a chilly weeknight. It comes together in just under 30 minutes!
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups kale, stemmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans, strained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast or thighs, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Salt and Pepper
Heat one Tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute for 6-7 minutes, until the onions begin to turn translucent. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Add the second Tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of the pan, then add the kale and saute for 2 minutes, until the kale breaks down slightly. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and stir into the vegetable mixture.
Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shaved parmesan.
You May Also Like…