We just got back from a weekend trip to Chicago to visit family and friends. Unfortunately, the weather gods hated us, and it rained every day of our trip…and because we were stuck inside all day, our weekend turned into an eating extravaganza.
Now, as a food-lover, I really shouldn’t complain because everything we ate was delicious…but let’s just say I am ready for a detox. There is only so much deep-dish pizza, burgers, and pasta my tummy can handle.
I am excited to get back into my healthy groove this week. On the menu: lots of lean proteins and vegetables. This Barramundi with Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes hits all the marks: protein-packed, flavorful, healthy, and weeknight fast!
We love this dish so much, we made it twice in one week. I find my barramundi filets in the frozen section at Whole Foods. If you can’t find them, halibut or another mild white fish would work just as well for this recipe.
One important word of advice: DON’T skimp on the basil at the end. It makes every bite delectable and this dish couldn’t be the same without it.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) barramundi fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan. Sprinkle fish with a pinch each of the salt and pepper.
- Add fish to pan and cook about 4 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining Tablespoon of oil to pan. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute. Next, add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 more minute or until tomatoes begin to burst. Stir in half of the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve tomato mixture with fish. Garnish with additional basil.